Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sewing Art

I jazzed up this ordinary tote bag with some patterned fabric and flirty red eyelash trim. It was easy and cheap. The tote bag was free and had a company logo on both sides and the fabric and trim were less than $5. It took just a few minutes to sew this fabric on and add the trim. My inspiration came from a bag that Darla gave Annabelle for Christmas last year. Thank you, Darla!








For the second bag, I used a pair of Aaron's old jeans. I cut out the butt part just under the crotch. It took some thinking to work out this puzzle but I finally got it. The strap is patterned on one side and denim from the leg on the other. I also lined the inside of the bag with the same circle fabric. It's pretty cute. I designed it to be worn diagonal over the shoulder to the opposite hip.





Let me know what you think. Do you like it? What could I have done differently? Would you like one? I can add you to my list.

1 comment:

thegermanygirl said...

Aha! I've seen you with the bag in the top picture, and I've been meaning to ask where you got it. Now I know. ;o) I love the fringey stuff!